To My Little Ones.....





To My Little Ones...... If I knew tomorrow would not come, today would be filled with words of love for you!!! So often, life is given to the "good" or sadly, just the "busy", and the best is never lived. My heart is bursting with love for you. Love is always the "best". Inspired by Bev at www.fridayletters.com, I'm writing my love down.....today!! love always, Mama







Sunday, October 17, 2010

How have you changed my life?

Dear little ones,

I think a better question might be, "How have you NOT changed my life?"!!  Wouldn't this make a great sci-fi novel......what would life have been like in a different space/time-continuum?! 

I can only imagine how I might have gone on through life, perhaps always working in a full-time career, knowing nothing of the precious, powerful sweet smell and feel of newborns cuddling up on their mama after a satisfying nursing, never having the strings of my heart pulled in the pleasure/pain lurch of seeing your first real smiles bloom from your souls, or hearing each of you call me "mama" in your first verbal, eternal expression of our love!!!

There is a saying that a mother's children are just her heart, walking around outside of her body.  It is so true.  Had I stayed childless, I'm sure God would have filled my life with Himself, just as He has now, and I'm sure I would not have known what I was missing and would have been content, if that was the sort of life to which He had called me.

But it was not, and my whole being SINGS with JOY in this child-filled life He has given me!!  I have learned some of the greatest lessons of life through raising and loving all of you, and through my failures with you too. 

It was, and is, my heart's desire to have you.  It changed EVERYTHING FOREVER.  I would not have it any other way!!!  Was it hard, and painful to raise all of you at times?  Yes.  But I wouldn't trade a single breath of my life for one moment of relief from any of that, because you ARE my life!!  You are my pride-and-joys, the songs-in-my-heart, the twinkle in my eye, the spring in my step!!!  You are my youth repeated, my dreams lived-out, and most of all, truly, my 4 little hearts walking around in the world, with strings tied into my own heart that can never be broken.



love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment