To My Little Ones.....





To My Little Ones...... If I knew tomorrow would not come, today would be filled with words of love for you!!! So often, life is given to the "good" or sadly, just the "busy", and the best is never lived. My heart is bursting with love for you. Love is always the "best". Inspired by Bev at www.fridayletters.com, I'm writing my love down.....today!! love always, Mama







Monday, October 11, 2010

What is security? What comforted you?


Dear little ones,

When you were little, you all reached up to me (or Dad, Grandma, etc.) so sweetly whenever anything troubled you.  I held you in my arms, pressed close, rocked you, sang to you, and just loved you!  Some of you sucked on your fingers, (Shasta, the middle two; Summer, the first two), one loved his binky (hmmm, wonder who?!), and one her thumb (yep, Sonnet!).  You each had beloved stuffed animals and "bankies" to sleep with.  My heart lurched in my chest whenever I looked at how precious you were asleep in your crib!!  I memorized those moments, forever.  I was and am so glad God gave you to me to love, and to provide security to.

Security is the love of God, and for little ones, it is also in the love of those who care for you.  This is true whether we feel it or not.  Children learn to have confidence in their parents over many months of being loved and cared for.  We choose whether we have faith and confidence in God.  As long as you look to God every day, placing all your trust in Him alone, you can not be shaken!  Perhaps it will surprise you to know that the only thing that can threaten your security is yourself.  The moment you stop looking to God, you reclaim sovereignty over your own heart and soul, embarking on a path of your own.  God warns you, in your conscience immediately to return to Him.  If you do not, the inevitable process will begin, where you must "repay every penny", through tears and hard knocks, all the way back down that rebellious trail back to God.  He loves you so much He will always do this for you.  THAT is security! 

Another consequence of trying to sit on the throne of your own heart (instead of God sitting there), is confusion, a feeling of being scattered, overwhelmed, dissipated, worried.  Whenever you feel this way, you know you removed your eyes from Him.  He never requires you to do more than you are able, and His ways are restful, peaceful, simple, and clear.

It may help to make a list of "ioughtas".  Okay, I'll translate!  Make a list of "I ought to's".  Mine has things on it like "I ought to......spend time with God first each day, keep the house clean and dinner planned, pay attention to my diet/exercise principles, pay off my debts, give some time to my elderly friends/neighbors, small time for internet, large time for kids!"  Most things on your list will be things that the Spirit has convicted you to do, (or not do, like overeating).  It really is that easy, that simple!  Just follow God in these simple ways each day and you will know His peace......and His security!  Never worry about the "gaps" in what you might not get to.  God knows that in the little time we have to live, we can only do a little.  He is pleased if we follow Him, by doing what He places in our hearts to do, one thing at a time!

Love, Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment